Friday, May 27, 2011

#poetry "Dreams of a hood king" by #nighttheauthor

My dreams depend on cream
Cash rules..cash money
I got to get that cream
My dreams depend
On that corner..
Up the block
My dreams take root
When you buy these rocks.
Don't hate me because
I have a dream...
Like the King..I too dream
Why do you hate me?
My enviornment made me.

I tried the 9 to 5..
But that section that
Asked me was I a felon..
Made me stare..
Should I say yes..
And explain why?
Or should I leave this office..
And not explain why..
You hate me..yes hate me..
I just have dreams being a king
In my hood..I'm king.
On this block...I'm king.

Don't hate on my dreams..
In this kingdom..
You bow down to me..
I rule this land of..
Asphalt fields..
And broken goals.
You're the pauper in my eyes..
And my dreams..
Will always belong to me
The Hood King.
twitter.com/night_theauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus