Wednesday, May 25, 2011

#poetry" Punch drunk love" by Night The Author #domesticabuse #4batteredwomen

New night..same day
No difference in the..
Way he loves me.
My face brusied..
The blood on my lip..
Is still fresh.
I have punch drunk love
For him.

I know he cares..
Otherwise why does
He beat me?
Sometimes I ask for it..
I know I'm the problem
My girl says "dump him"
I can't..its punch drunk love.

I mean..how many
Good men are out here?
I got my man..I don't mind..
The scars
The bruises
The sunglasses everyday.
I love him..he's mine.

Keep your charity
This is love..not abuse.
I don't need counseling
I'm good girlfriend.
Its only when he's drunk
Or when..he's hungry
Sometimes if he's tired
Always when he's angry
This is just..punch drunk love.

Mama said he might..
Kill me one day.
Never that..he loves me.
I have to please..
my man..
Get your own!
I deserved that..I know.
My eye is still sore..
My lip is almost healed
I guess its..
Punch drunk love.
Until he kills me.
twitter.com/night_theauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog comments powered by Disqus

Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus